Fall has fallen.....


Well, I've realized that there is not much point in having a blog if I'm not prepared to share it! It has been absolutely pissing rain today and everyone of the leaves on the bright red maple outside my place have fallen, become soggy and now actually raked (not blown by those annoying leaf blowers!) and bagged. Fall......the time of sweaters, movies, tea, soup, fantastic walks...yes, even in the rain....and preparing for winter and all that comes with it! Autumn is a kind of melancholy time for me and I'm often puzzled by this but thankfully CBC Radio One had the answer and seemed to legitimize what I thought was unfounded sadness. I forget the specific quotes and words of wisdom but basically that this is a time of loss and grieving that loss......loss of the sun's warmth, loss of day light, loss of summer activities, regret at things that did not happen this summer etc. I make it sound so simplistic but it made sense to me! Anyways, any thoughts? They are welcome.
I was hoping this 'blog' wouldn't be just a "what is new with me" site but a place to have kind of a diary (very much edited though...) and a place for dialogue for those who are interested.
Hope this find you all well and soaking in the fall:) (and for you Vancouverites you can't help but be soaked these days....)

<< Home